Underlying service assumptions
All of Reconnects services and the way it goes about its work are based on fundamental beliefs in the best way to support people with ABI.
- All people have equal rights.
- All people have strengths and assets.
- It is possible to make a positive difference in the lives of people with ABI
- People thrive when they make their own choices and people with ABI are capable of and have the right to make their own decisions.
- People with ABI deserve the same opportunity to participate in their community as other people including equal access to transportation, education, jobs, medical care, recreation and housing.
- Engaging and participating in community life has a positive impact on people with ABI. In addition, by participating in their communities people with ABI enrich their lives and make positive contributions.
- People with ABI are valuable members of their communities.
- Well-trained and motivated staff makes a difference in the lives of people with ABI.
- Supporting Clients and their families in their own advocacy efforts will yield long-term improvements in their quality of life.
- Support services are designed first and foremost for people ABI. Reconnect recognizes the importance of the family’s role in the development of and support of people with ABI throughout their lives.